DIY Philosophy | Episode 003
On this week’s show we discussed the why behind You can, man. We each gave our reasons why we think learning new skills and doing things yourself is so important. Tim gave a brief explanation of how he chose the name, You can, man. You can read more about that here.
Dave created a You can, man trivia game for us. We mostly didn’t look like idiots. Josh took home the gold by a landslide.
- Who was the original host of This Old House?
- What is the actual size of a 2×4?
- What is the typical color of the neutral wire in a US electrical box?
- What letter is used to rate insulation’s resistance to conductive heat flow?
- What is the name of the structural portion of a set of stairs?
- What are the two most common drywall thicknesses?
- GFCI outlets are commonly found in today’s home bathrooms and kitchens and protect against circuit overload and electric shock. What does GFCI stand for?
- Name the five main paint finishes.
- Name the 3 main components of concrete.
- In what year was the Lowe’s company founded?
- Bob Vila, duh.
- 1.5″ x 3.5″
- white or gray
- 1/2″ and 5/8″
- ground-fault circuit interrupter
- gloss, semi-gloss, eggshell, and flat
- water, aggregate (rock, sand, or gravel) and Portland cement